9.04.2008

What I'm up to:

1. Watching my little mango grow up - it's happening so quickly that I don't want to take my eyes off of him for fear of missing something. The other night I stepped away at dinnertime to answer the door, and when I came back, he had decided to try his hand at feeding himself. There was more on the tray than in his tummy, but it's just a preview for many more 'I can do it myself' moments that will make me feel so proud and yet so forlorn. He cut his first tooth last week, and the second is not far behind. Crawling is right around the corner; the legs know what to do, but the arms aren't quite ready to cooperate. It's mostly rocking front and back on all fours, then dropping to the tummy to army-crawl in the direction of whatever object he desires.
2. Knitting the first of four Waffles sweaters. I haven't completed more than two knitted items since my little guy arrived 8 months ago, but somehow I got it into my head that he and his three east coast cousins needed matching sweaters for Christmas. And that's not even the crazy part: they're all knit in fingering weight yarn!!! I'm loving the pattern - it's easy to memorize, plus it's adorable, and it looks great in the Colinette Jitterbug yarn I picked up at Stitches with Style. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it!

Ok, considering the above, Hey Teach (in the very affordable Plymouth Jeannee also from SWS) is on hold until next spring. But what a lovely thing to look forward to! I love this pattern - it's easy to knit, the lace is simple yet pretty, and it's flattering to the not-so-svelte ladies like myself. I'm missing it already, but as there is no deadline for this one, I'm going to have to get over it.
Other than that, I'm laying low... liking my new job, though the commute is killing me. Just celebrated my 6th wedding anniversary (we've somehow managed not to kill each other) on Labor Day. We're such an old married couple that we stayed in and got caught up on our laundry while we treated ourselves to a movie on the couch in our jammies, with a very sleepy baby between us. And you know what? It was awesome.



4 comments:

Jerry & Maxy said...

Sounds DIVINE! I'm envious!! Glad you and the little reMango are doing well...Mr. reMango too :).

schrodinger said...

Good luck with the sweaters!! And happy anniversary. Enjoy your moments both with Mr reMango Jr and Sr

Sarah G said...

Wow, FOUR matching sweaters? I think you have your work cut out for you! Are they all going to be different colors?

Hey Teach also looks like a cute sweater, so I'm looking forward to seeing the results... even if its not until next year!

Yarn Mama... said...

I love the BabyMango pic. I'm glad you were able to catch that moment. I think I might have a "spaghetti face" picture. They do grow so quickly. My guys keeps saying "When I get bigger, I can do this or do that".