6.19.2008

So long, so full

Someone recently noted that it's been quite a while since I posted on my blog. This is true, but if you've been following for any amount of time, you'll know that my life is very full right now (in a good way). Something had to give, and this blog was the first casualty! I miss it, I miss contributing to a community that I am enamored of and take so much pleasure from. I am certain I'll be back to regular posting in the near future, but now is not that time. I'm still knitting, though much more sporadically, and you can find all the details on Ravelry - my username is reluctantMANGO - come and friend me! The baby is growing by leaps and bounds, and to my eye is perfect in every way. He's going to be crawling before too long, so I will have my hands full. I'm also leaving my much-loved job of 6.5 years and going to work at a children's hospital in the area. It was the hardest decision I've ever had to make (small business vs. large business, casual vs. business dress, friends vs. colleagues) and in the end I felt I had to sacrifice some of my ideals in order to provide for my family. It's a good opportunity, great benefits, and a totally unexpected change for me - I was not looking for it, but once presented, I had no choice but to 'take one for the team' and make the move. I know, poor me, right? Seriously, it'll be good for all of us in the long run, myself included. The women I'll be working for seem genuine and honest and open, and they are willing to invest their time in me as I learn the ropes of a new industry. I hope it'll be a good partnership. Wish me luck.

I'll try to get some details up about my latest knitted FO's soon, but if I don't, at least you know why!




3 comments:

schrodinger said...

Don't worry, the blog will be the first casualty for me too (it already kind of is). Baby is looking adorable and growing well (as you said).

Good luck with the move with work, I hope that it is way better than you expect, that way it won't feel like a sacrifice :)

Cheryl said...

Welcome back, if only briefly. The baby is beautiful. And though I miss your blog, I sure do understand. Good luck on the new job. Cheryl

Sarah G said...

It's good to hear from you again. Congratulations on the new job, I'm sure you'll do just fine, being the wonderful intelligent person that you are :) The little man is growing up so fast! What a cutie.